A Proper Post

It's been a few days since I've been able to sit down and write a real post. All this stuff has been happening and, to be perfectly honest, I'm a little overwhelmed. Not overwhelmed in the sense of wishing myself back, but in the sense that I simply cannot believe I'm finally here. There are things to be done and people to be met and (soon there will be) books to be read and discussions to be had.

My mom left today around 10 this morning. When I got back to my room and was about to begin this post, my neighbor popped by to introduce herself. Her name is Sarah. We've lived within four miles of each other for the past two years, but never crossed paths. She graduated from GW one semester before I graduated from Houghton and spent several years at a life-sucking job before deciding to make the huge life change back to full-time school.

We went to Wal-Mart, Linens 'n' Things, and Target together. Somehow we managed to have fun looking for the cheapest paper towels and glass cleaner! Sarah also expressed her relief at finding someone else whose excitement made sleep nearly impossible for a few days before moving. (I think I got about three hours of shut eye the day before I moved.)

I'm anxious to get started. The first day of orientation tomorrow should be a blast. Meeting new people is going to be draining for this introvert, but I would rather be exhausted from a long day meeting new friends than bored to exhaustion from a long day sitting on my brain in an office.

Two fun things that have happened since I moved in: 1) I'm on a computer network again, that means shared iTunes libraries. How cool is that?!! 2) I went to check my mail for the first time and the mailroom guy showed me to my mailbox, introduced himself and shook my hand. Mostly, I've been organizing my massively huge dorm room, so excitement has been

For those of you who are interested in seeing my new digs, you can click on the picture of my door and let yourself in. For the extended version, click here.

4 comments:

Girl said...

Your room looks so fun, I am very jealous that I couldn't have come up with something like that when I was in school...instead I had a mish mash of U2 and Joey Lawrence posters. Huh...did I just admit that?

What is the spider? Is that a real spider or a feng shui thing?

Anonymous said...

Having lived in an apartment for three years collecting framed photos didn't hurt the decorating process. The spider is, in fact, real. I think I may have accidentally killed the poor thing, though. Go me!

Abigail said...

I always smush spiders, excepting Daddy-Long-Legs; somehow they've convinced the world that although they're obviously spiders, they're innocent of the sin of being spiders.

Love your room. I can't believe you were able to set up house so quickly.

Kate said...

I just hate being packed. Anyway, I had to quickly decide what I was keeping and what was going home with my mother, so unpacking was a necessity.

It's nice to feel at home...