Thirty Six

A lovely lady over at Sugarfused.net has graciously allowed me to use this beautiful photo collage that she created, as a Christmas present for her mother, for my countdown.
I encourage you to go to her blog because this image is even more spectacular full-size.
There is another gorgeous piece of art, related to 36, that I would have liked to post, here, but Blogger wasn't cooperating and my impatience kept me from waiting for permission from the artist.

I packed my clothes last night.

Yes, I still have 36 days to go, but I have a lot of clothes that I do not wear on a regular basis here in DC. Not to mention, it's been like eight million degrees lately and likely will be until I leave, so warm clothes are packed as are skinny clothes (ugh).

Very happily, they (almost) all fit into one large suitcase. Maybe someday, when I have simplified my life even further I will be able to fit them all into a medium or even a small suitcase.

Some of you may be wondering why I'm packing everything so early. Well, I have to figure out if I can get all my stuff into one car or if I'm going to need my lovely roommate to follow me in her car. So far, it's looking good for a one car trip. I don't have a lot of stuff and my car is a pretty good sized sedan. I would love to have Emily along, but it would be cheaper if I didn't have to pay for her gas and meals.

Also, for you praying types out there, I could sure use a few words on my behalf. I thought the dorms were opening on September 7th (I'm pretty sure I read it on the PTS website), so I planned to move in the weekend of the 9th and 10th, giving me plenty of time to prepare for my Mom's arrival on the 12th (already bought her a non-refundable plane ticket). I subsequently learned, upon receiving my room assignment, that the dorms don't open until the 13th. I hate calling people, so I've been procrastinating about following up on an email I already sent to the housing office to beg to get into my room early. I'm sure it will all work out, but I'm still nervous... I do have several friends in the area, but it would feel weird to ask someone to put up me and my mom and all my junk.

Yes, that's right folks, only 36 more days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the webring!

May I ask, where are you going?

Anonymous said...

That does sound complicated. I hope you are able to work things out to your satisfaction, or at the very least get a great sermon illustration out of the experience!!

Anonymous said...

you can stay with us, if you need to