My Ridiculous Office

Most of my afternoon at work was spent reading Animal Dreams, by Barbara Kingsolver, and listening to some tunes on my iPod. Suddenly, with my keen peripheral vision, I saw a hand to my right. I turned to see if I was needed. It turned out that Ken (one of the attorneys for whom I work) just needed a Post-It note and my desk was conveniently located.

Funny part of the story: It was 3:30, I was clearly not doing any work, and my boss was trying not to DISTURB MY READING!!!

My job is so fulfilling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Barbara Kingsolver's writing. I love that you're reading her at work. :)

Kate said...

I am really enjoying the book...I don't really enjoy that my job entails doing nothing for half the year and not much more than that for the rest of the year.