Blog Day 2006


According to Wikipedia, today (August 31) is blog day. This "holiday" was created last year by Israeli blogger Nir Ofir (whose blog is either offline or experiencing technical difficulties). To celebrate, I'm going to direct you to a few of my favorite blogs.

The first one I'm going to spotlight is Adventures In Mercy. The author's name is Molly. I first encountered her gentle, inquisitive spirit in the comments on Jason Clark's blog. My favorite post by here so far has been My Once Upon A Time.

Another good one I found fairly recently is Emerging Women. If Blogger beta wasn't getting in the way, I'd actually be a member of this blog right now... If you want to hear some women's voices in the emerging/emergent conversation, this is an excellent place to start.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but I love PostSecret. This blog is touching, funny, creative, shocking, encouraging, challenging and fun! And it's a pretty small commitment because the author only posts once a week.

I'm excited about this next blog because it's written by a fellow soon-to-be first year, female, Princeton Theological Seminary student. Jenny's not a blogging newbie, but she did just start her own personal blog, called Zoe: Reflections of the Journey Toward Abundant Life.

Finally, if you're looking for some wonderful, tasty, simple recipes, stop on by Fill 'Er Hup, written by a very cool girl I knew of in college...

Happy Blog Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty!!

Abigail said...

hey, i know that girl. (and trust me, any coolness that she may have had, which is, itself, under furious debate, has since melted into frumpy mamahood.)

thanks for linking me.
i love your new template!

Kate said...

Thanks for endorsing my linking, mother-figure Abigail. That definitely raises the coolness factor of my blog by (at least) twenty points.

I love my new template, too. Sometimes I just bring my blog up on screen to admire the beauty. Of course, that could be just because I have too much time on my hands...