Sneaky, Sneaky Calories

I have been counting every calorie I eat for the past 14 months. It's boring, time-consuming, and, apparently, useless for me. Sometimes, I think I eat more than I might have or justify poor food choices with the thought, "I have the calories, I can... eat that cake/finish that candy bar/drink another glass of chocolate milk" and so forth.


So, for the next week, I am going to stop counting. I've planned my meals, snacks, and some treats and made allowance for a couple meals out. I bought delicious, nutritious food: stuff I actually want to eat. I'm going to be diligent about eating the food I've bought and avoid supplementing.

One week won't be a long enough experiment to know whether I have sufficiently changed my eating habits to keep off the weight I've lost but it will be a good test of how I handle a little bit of freedom.

The bigger question is: What will I do with the extra 45 minutes a week I won't be spending logging in my food?

Do you or have you counted calories to lose or maintain your weight? Were you able to phase out the habit? How?

No comments: