Party All the Time!

You know what I did tonight? I went to a party!!

Okay, I'll admit it, party is a pretty loose term. Really, what I did was go to a bar where my roommate was having some people get together for her birthday.

There were a lot of people. I brought the cake. It was a delicious Tres Leches cake with macadamia nuts and toasted coconut on top.

Because it's a dessert that is best served straight from the fridge, what with all the hand-whipped cream on top and various forms of milk moistening the cake, we ate it before dinner.

Fifteen pieces were gone in minutes and my mission was accomplished. I was enjoying the people watching but didn't have much to say. I wanted food and the menu at the bar didn't seem appealing.

I announced, "I think I'll stop at Chipotle on the way home." My friend, Isaac, said, "Let's go!" There may have been others parts of the conversation but you don't want all of the details. (Bo-ring!)

Anyway, roommate Larissa said, "You can go. We had cake, you said 'Hello,' go get Chipotle." It's not that I was averse to staying but when the party girl releases me, I feel I must oblige.

So, I went to a party and had a dinner date. Little Miss Social. Oh, yeah, that's me!

(Also, I woke up this morning at 4:45. The reason I woke is that, in my dream, someone was singing the Dayenu song over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure I roused myself to get away from the annoying singer. Then the song was stuck in my head, so I put on some Civil Wars and drifted back to sleep.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RmVJLfRoM

Kate said...

Definitely more like this except only repeating the chorus FOREVER: http://youtu.be/mSfrxV_Kcig

Ali K. said...

Dayenu! Are you Jewish??

Sometimes a little bit of being social is enough. I'm such an introvert; seeing people makes me tired lol.

Kate said...

No, Ali, but I did go to seminary, where I dated a convert from a Jewish family and was a Hebrew all-star student and TA.

I'm also quite an introvert. With the right people, I can hang forever, with new people, I almost always want to leave immediately.