Gear Review: Halo Headband

I like running gear. It's fun to talk about, it's fun to research, it's fun to buy and try, and it's especially fun with it makes running more enjoyable and comfortable.

Around my birthday, I was looking around for a sweatband that would keep me from perpetually getting sweat in my eyes because (DANG!) it stings when that happens. And, because I live in Baltimore and am sweatier than the average bear, sweat in the eyes is a real problem for me about nine months out of the year.

I don't remember how I discovered the company but my runnerd research led me to the Halo Headband website. It didn't take long for me to be seduced by their How It Works photo, seen here.

 
The "Sweat Block Seal" is magical. Even when my Halo is completely soaked (every run), I don't get sweat in my eyes because the SBS channels the extra moisture away from my delicate face.

I bought my light blue Halo Headband from Amazon for about $12 and it's become a staple on every run. I plan to get one of their visors when I can afford it but, for now, I wear this under a free visor I got from somewhere. The fit is perfect, I don't notice it (sometimes I wear it into the shower I'm so oblivious to its presence), it performs its function admirably, and, as an added bonus, it holds my glasses in place so I can wear them comfortably while I run.

A completely soaked Halo
Halo also makes hats, visors, and skull caps using the same wicking fabric and SBS system. You can even get a wider or narrower version of the band that I use or an adjustable one with velcro or tie closures. Halo even makes a headband through which earbuds can be threaded to keep them more firmly in place during activity.

If you haven't gotten the idea, I like this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants to not get sweat in his or her eyes.
And, in case you're wondering, I haven't been compensated for this post in any way. All the opinions I have expressed are my own. I love my Halo Headband and am very likely to buy other products from this company.

1 comment:

Ali K. said...

I'm going to have to look into these!