It Can Be Hard to Keep Up

I talked about my new adventures in social media a couple days ago. One of the main reasons I've even attempted to become Twitter savvy is because a couple friends posted about #Runchat, a Twitter chat that happens at 10 p.m. ET the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month and at 8 p.m. ET the 2nd and 4th Sunday.

I've only been participating for a couple weeks but it's been a really fun way to connect with other runners, hear about different races, get feedback on training questions, and otherwise feed my crazed obsession with running.

The weekly chat is led by someone asking a series of questions on a running-related theme. Then whoever is following responds. There are lots of side conversations that ensue and I've discovered lots of new people to follow during the weekly chats.

The best part for me, because I sometimes get overwhelmed by the volume of chatter during the designated times, is that I can tag things with #runchat during the week and people who follow #runchat will respond to questions I have. Such fun!

Anyway, since I've enjoyed #Runchat so much, I signed up to be a Runbassador, which means that I tell people about #Runchat and get stickers and temporary tattoos to give to people and stick places. Basically, I'm part of the street team, gettin' the word out.

This Sunday is the second of the month, which means it all gets started at 8 p.m. ET. Get ready!

Today's true workout confession: Jackie Warner's 30 Day Quick Start lower body, 5 flights of stairs, Strength Running ITB Rehab and Core Workout

2 comments:

Ali K. said...

I always wondered when the official runchat times were...I just tag my stuff throughout the week haha.

I've found using tweetchat.com makes it so much easier to follow the conversations! You just login with twitter, put in the tag you're following, and the tag is automatically added to whatever you tweet. So helpful!

Kate said...

Ali, I was so excited about your suggestion, clicked on the link to tweetchat, and found that they are down while migrating to servers... Boo!