So, playing along with the Friday Five is becoming a tradition. This is my third shot at it, and I have already begun looking forward to the new edition each week. It appears this week's go is to remind us of the unbearable heat that some of us are trying desperately to escape or ignore.
1. What's the high temperature today where you are? 94 degrees Fahrenheit. It's currently 92 and feeling like 100.
2. Favorite way(s) to beat the heat: Stay indoors with the blinds drawn, eat popsicles or ice cream, and take cold showers.
3. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Evaluate this statement: Heat is bad, add some humidity to the mix and it's even worse. The statement does seem a tad silly, though, because you could have 100% humidity on a 70 degree day and no one would even complain. The worst part about the combination of heat AND humidity is the sweat that runs down your face and back instead of evaporating as it should.
4. Discuss one or more of the following: sauna, hot tub, sweat lodge, warm-stone massage. I cant get behind the idea of a hot tub, but only when it's chilly outside. Have any of you ever seen a hot tub on the balcony of a room in a ski lodge? That's my idea of a good time.
5. Hottest you've ever been in your life: The summer I spent in Maracaibo, Venezuela was pretty steamy. 100+ degree temperatures and we had to wear pants or long skirts all the time!
Non-temperature related bonus: In your opinion... who's hot? My standard answer, and one that has surfaced frequently in the recent past, is Johnny Depp. There's just something about scruffy, skinny boys with glasses and funny hats!!
P.S. For your viewing enjoyment, I've included one hot and one decidely un-hot picture.