Completely Addicted


It's taken me about five weeks to work up the courage, but I am finally ready to admit it:

"My name is Kate and I'm addicted to So You Think You Can Dance."

Each week, when Wednesday rolls around, I look forward to watching Benji & Donyelle, Alison & Ivan, and Natalie & Musa dance their hearts out. Watching them move and enjoy each other and themselves makes me undeniably joyful.

I truly want Benji and Donyelle to get married and have babies. They may be a little young, but I'm all for starting a family early in life. Alison and Ivan would have the cutest children imaginable. And Musa and Natalie are just totally HOT! It will be a sad day when they stop dancing as couples.

Unlike American Idol, there is some variation in the judges from week to week. Nigel is always there to provide commentary reminiscent of Simon Cowell. After all, he is the executive producer. He's not as mean as Simon, but he's no slouch with the insults.

Mary is an almost permanent fixture, but mercifully, not quite since she sometimes choreographs. She has this awful habit of screaming when she likes something and spends far too much time laughing her awful laugh. Her other favorite thing to do is pretend she's completely slamming a performance and then she pulls the old switcheroo and says it's the best thing she's ever seen. Problem is, she does it like five times each show, so it's not funny anymore.

Anyway, it's such a fun show! Way more fun than American Idol because there's more variety. More fun than Project Runway because dancing is easier to understand than couture. I know it's another ridiculous reality show, but it's well worth a watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... still not sold on it... :)