206 Miles

At the beginning of the year, I made a goal to run 750 miles in 2013. When I set the goal, I knew it would stretch me but also felt confident that I'd be able to reach it. By the end of June, when I ran 98 miles in the course of one month, I even began to think that I'd bust through my goal with no problem. Then came July and August and heat and humidity and overtraining.

Thankfully, I'm still on track to meet my goal by running just 59 miles a month over the next three months.

Holy crap! How did this happen?

That's all I have to say. I will leave you with a quote from a very famous smart guy.


Are you working on any particular goals right now? How are they going so far?

2 comments:

Ali K. said...

Nice work!! I don't set mileage goals because my training isn't usually for long-distance running. But I love to set race goals, and I'm right on track :o)

Kate said...

That's awesome, Ali! I had other milestones that I wanted to reach along the way. 750 miles breaks down to less than 15 miles a week, which seemed attainable without being wacko, particularly for a beginner.