My Runniversary

I'm a little late getting around to posting about this but I recently celebrated the one year anniversary of my obsession with running. There are several dates I could consider the beginning of my running life, but I'm going with July 31, 2012, because that is the day I bought my first pair of REAL running shoes. In case you're wondering, they looked like this:

Wearing Brooks Adrenalines felt like running on clouds.

At the time, I looked like this:

Pretty cute and already feeling good about myself
Since then, I have run:
  •  2 5k's - Millersville Turkey Trot and the Penguin Run,
  • the Warrior Dash,
  • the Color Run,
  • the Georgetown 10-miler,
  • 3 Half Marathons - Flower City, Frederick, and 1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut, and
  • more than ten jaunts between 10 and 16 miles.
And I look like this:

Look! That's my Warrior Dash shirt... I guess the difference isn't terribly drastic. But look at that curly hair.
In the next year, I'm signed up for:
  • 2 5k's - 9/11 Heroes Run and Baltimore Running Festival,
  • the River Valley Run 10k trail race (tomorrow),
  • the 18.12 Challenge,
  • the Runner's World Hat Trick (5k, 10k, and 13.1 in two days),
  • probably another turkey trot,
  • the Celtic Solstice 5-miler,
  • the Philly Hot Chocolate 15k,
  • the Frederick Nutjob (5k and 13.1 in 24 hours), and
  • (soon) the Missoula Marathon.
You might not have needed this recap but I did. Running this summer has been hard and I needed to check back in with how far I've come and be re-motivated to keep going, to get better, to recognize how much more I can (NOT must) do. It will be hard work but it will also be a LOT of fun as it has been before.

I know I can do it. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and support you've already given. Here's to the start of another year!

No comments: