Quotable Quotes

I just spent twenty minutes writing a post about this quote from The Depleted Self:
Contact-shunning personalities are those who avoid social contact and become isolated, not because they are disinterested in others, but, on the contrary, just because their need for them is so intense.
This course on confession and forgiveness is already giving me an entirely different perspective on my life. I would recommend it to anyone who is currently attending or plans to attend Princeton Theological Seminary. Even if you never take the class, I would highly recommend this book, written by a PTS professor.

Anyway, I decided that I'm not ready to write share all of myself on the internet. I'm just wondering how many of my readers can relate to the statement quoted above. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you needed nothing more than human contact and rather than expressing this need you turned inward and avoided contact? Were you eventually able to draw yourself out or has this reaction become a pattern of behavior?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Me, too. That's why I couldn't keep writing about it.