Best. Customer Service. Ever!

Apparently Amazon doesn't dilly-dally when someone claims a product is broken. I received an email from them this morning. Here is an excerpt:

Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your shipment. I have placed a new order for the item. There is no charge for this replacement.

Here are the details of the new order:
Order Number: 104-5970709-6953552
Shipping Speed: Next Day Shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: June 9, 2006

We'll send you a UPS authorized return service label to return the defective item. You should receive it within the next 7-10 business days; it will be sent in a manila envelope to the shipping address used for the order.
The debate currently raging in my mind is this: Do I a) keep the iPod I already have since it is now functioning and has all my music loaded or b) keep the new one and spend probably 100 hours loading the music again in order to avoid anymore theatrics similar to yesterday's?

Advice welcomed. Most people I've asked have settled on option B, but don't let that sway you.

No comments: