Knitting Mania

I just finished knitting a scarf today. Hopefully, the person I made it for will enjoy it because it took nearly twenty hours. Of course, once I begin knitting, I can't put the needles down, so those twenty hours were spread over only two and a half days. Pictures will be forthcoming, but I don't want to ruin the surprise, just in case the intended recipient reads this post. (Hehe...I love a good secret!)

This evening, I returned to Michael's to get more yarn for another scarf. This one shall be for little ol' me. Selfish, I know, but I used Christmas money to buy it...so I don't feel too guilty. (Except that I probably should have used that money for bills of some sort...bah!) Anyway, I'm going to play around with a new stitch and see what I can do. What a way to procrastinate.

Knitting is the one crafty hobby that I've consistently enjoyed in the past ten years. It's relaxing and quick. I can hold a conversation or watch a movie while doing it. And, in the end, there is a lovely something to give away or to keep and enjoy. If you're looking for something to while away the hours until you see your boyfriend again or a way to avoid writing a stupid paper for a class you hate...I highly recommend knitting.

Three more days...

1 comment:

Just Sarah said...

Have you seen the article in Sojourners about knitting?