Gainful Employment

When I decided to leave work and start seminary, I knew that money was going to be tight. Having no money is all part of the school thing, after all. But, three years of expendable income didn't prepare me for this much tightening of the belt and now I'm in a little bit of credit card debt that, unless I get professors who don't require books to be purchased or I inherit money from a long lost wealthy relative, is going to persist until at least this summer. Not working was nice while it lasted and I don't really regret taking some time off to detox from the last job, but this coming semester, I am definitely going to have to find some work, preferably about 10-12 hours a week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jobs suck. but i kinda need one too.

Kate said...

We should all move to self-sustaining communes. Lots of rules, but no taxes!