My First Visitor

While it's certainly true that Jule Ann has been here before helping my move in, she can't really be counted as my first visitor because: 1) this wasn't my home yet, 2) I didn't know where anything was, 3) I wasn't unpacked, 4) we didn't do any fun visiting things. So, Emily has the privilege of being dubbed my First Official Visitor.

She arrived on Friday afternoon. We took a quick tour of the campus and then moseyed over to Jordan's room. We hung out there until Lydia, Jeb, and Evan joined us for dinner. We had a nice meal at Winberie's, followed by a movie at Lydia's apartment. I may have been the only one there who hadn't seen The Emperor's New Groove.

Saturday, we mostly did nothing in the morning. After a quick lunch in the cafeteria, Emily and I went to WalMart. I got some photos developed that were taken over a year ago. Most of them turned out like crap. I guess that's what you get for using disposable cameras. It's a good time Laura took a lot of photos during our camping trip last year.

During the afternoon, Jordan joined us for a jaunt around the Princeton campus. It's always fun to share the useless facts I know about the University. We took a ton of pictures, sharing Jordan's camera between us. I'll post a slide show shortly.

For dinner, Emily wanted to go to Dairy Queen. We looked up the closest one, drove half an hour to find it, only to discover that it was one that only served ice cream. Emily got a Blizzard and we all agreed that the Perkins around the corner would be just as good for dinner. Only when we pulled into the eerily empty parking lot, we realized that this particular Perkins was not operating yet. Put up a sign, people! Finally, we ended up at T.G.I.Friday's for some burgers and such.

Emily left early on Sunday. It was lovely to see her and introduce her to some of my friends and show her my space. Everyone else who reads this should feel inspired to visit me. I'll even give up my bed for you!

2 comments:

Girl said...

If it makes you feel better, I grew up in NJ and I didn't know that Dairy Queens sold anything other than ice cream until I went to college in another state...

Kate said...

We didn't have Dairy Queen in my hometown, so I always just thought of Blizzards because they were always on the commercials. I didn't feel bad about not getting food...I just felt bad that Emily couldn't feed her craving (and not even very bad about that...)