Inconceivable!

It's been three days since I last posted. My glut of posting this summer, sometimes as many as six times a day, has run into several roadblocks.

First of all, I'm a full time student. That means I don't spend 8 hours each day getting paid to sit in front of a computer anymore. Studenthood also involves a lot of reading and writing without thinking about catching up on blogs (which I still do daily) or writing anything extra.

Secondly, I have more than one friend now and those friends don't live in the same place I do. I haven't spent so much time with said friends that I feel comfortable ignoring them as I type a blog post, so I have to deliberately set aside time for my ramblings. I do love blog friends, but present friends are always higher on my list of priorities.

Thirdly, I have a boy. This has affected my blog capacity more than I thought it would. I don't want to become one of those girls who's constantly posting about relationship minutiae that matters to no one save herself. I don't want to write things that might reveal more than Jordan would appreciate (though, he doesn't read this...). More positively, though, I now have someone with whom to talk through my days, someone who is always willing to hear my venting or cooing. The solace I used to find in writing is now mostly satisfied by Jordan and other friends.

All this to say, I will certainly continue to blog, but it will be less. In fact, I think I'm going to ask one professor if I can blog my final project. Believe me, you'll all be better for not having to read my silliness every day. Good on ya, blog friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jordon doesn't read the blog? that's crazy!

Kate said...

Why crazy? I'm alright with it. He just doesn't like reading the blogs of people he knows.

Unknown said...

I really care about the minutiae. Sarah

Kate said...

I'm glad you care...