Breakfast Is My Favorite

There are very few foods better than eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, maybe some fruit or pancakes and maple syrup. When I was a kid, my mother would sometimes make breakfast for dinner. That was my favorite meal. Breakfast food is generally very simple and generally very tasty.

This morning, Jordan and I went to Powderbourne, a hunting club a few minutes away from his house. It's a small town restaurant, open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. and mostly catering to hunters and regulars. When we got there, only a few booths were occupied. The waitresses were small, fake blond, and a little bit brusque. Just what one would expect from such a place.

I had biscuits and gravy and two fried eggs for $4. Not as inexpensive as Ace's in Belfast, but still worth the price.

I don't know why I feel compelled to write about something so trivial as what I had for breakfast, other than that it was just a good time. My boy bought me breakfast and it was good.

I love JZ's family. His mom is fun to talk to and seems to like me a lot. She graduated to hugging me by the second day of my visit. Oddly enough, Jordan and his siblings call her by her first name instead of calling her "Mom." Sort of bizarre, but I'm getting used to it. She says she prefers it. I have a hard time believing that, but I guess she has no reason to lie about it. ;)

Okay, I'm going to learn cribbage now.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay cribbage! Very fun game.

Kate said...

Yes, it was a fun game, but I just don't think I will ever be as good at it as Jordan. I think our relationship would suffer greatly if I were a more competitive person.