Spray


Spray, originally uploaded by kate e. did.

The beach was a good time. It would have been great if I could have stayed longer, but that was not in the cards. Jordan's uncle offered to pay for my train ticket back to school at the end of the week, but missing 5 days of class was never going to be a possibility.

Driving to Maryland on Saturday morning took half an hour more than driving to Princeton on Sunday evening, despite the fact that on the way home we stopped for dinner. Moral of the story: Traffic sucks going to the shore on a beautiful weekend.

The weather was perfect the entire time. Saturday was actually a little on the cool side because of some cloud cover, but all of us appreciated that. Sunday was hotter, but Jordan's uncle rented some umbrellas to take care of that. Since I'm pretty fair-skinned, one of my least favorite things at the beach is the lack of natural shade. The other thing I don't like is the sand, which is unfortunate, since it's unavoidable.

The house we stayed at was less than half a block from the beach. It was one of thousands of condos and apartments and hotel rooms lining the shore. It was a lovely little place meant to sleep fourteen people, but you could fit more if you wanted. For a rental, it was generously appointed. Some of the decorating wasn't to my taste, but it certainly made the place interesting and who needs a rental to be "to her taste."

Anyway, a good time was had by all.

I didn't take as many pictures as I normally would, but there are twenty or so on flickr. Click on the crashing wave above in order to see a slideshow, which includes pictures of me cutting Jordan's brother's hair.

No comments: