No Job to No Time

Other than learning Greek and being chief cook and bottle-washer at the Burdges', my summer has been sort of unproductive. I didn't get a job until this past Monday because getting work takes time and effort, time and effort I preferred to use taking photos or playing with my blog or watching all three seasons of Lost in less than a week. Now that the summer is coming to and end and my bank balance is getting low, I'm feeling inspired to stop using my time frivolously and begin making some money.

I'm sure you've all heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours." Well, that's how I'm feeling right now. On Monday, I began a temp job at Princeton's Institute for Youth Ministry. It's just some data entry stuff, nothing major, probably won't last long. Today, I'm going to speak with one of our lovely librarians about a job that might provide full time hours for the two weeks I don't have school and continue with a few hours a week throughout the school year. And once school begins on September 19th, I am going to go back to my beautiful job at the Y, which requires minimal work and allows for much undistracted study time. So, this is what I get for praying about my lackadaisical summer attitude toward work and money. When God gives, God gives in abundance.

Now all I can do is be thankful for the provision and continue asking for some of the other desires of my heart that weigh heavier than money ever could.

No comments: