Beau-tiful


Beau 3, originally uploaded by kate e. did.

This tiny kitten's name is Beau. His playmate is named Belle. His parents are tres creative.

As of today, I have begun a new blog. It's going to be my photoblog. I haven't decided yet whether my photo of the day feature is going to be moved to that venue or if I will continue posting it here. I'm considering keeping the other blog mostly for shots that I think are extra good, even to the point of having some sort of resale value.

Thing about me 101 (no, it's not on the list): In the past I've taken up many hobbies and dropped them when I got to the point where I needed to actually do hard work in order to get better.

With knitting, I started with scarves and ended when I got to hats.

With sewing, I made a couple dresses for a friend's wedding and then decided it wasn't worth it, except for the occasional crafty skirt or bag.

With guitar, I got good enough to play about 10 chords using a whopping three finger-picking patterns and, although unsatisfied with my accomplishment, I gave up.

I won't continue with the list. It could probably include more things than I'd like to mention. With photography, I don't want it to be like that. My goal is to push on to the next level. In fact, before I die, I would like to have at least one paying photography gig. It doesn't need to turn into a career, I just want to be good enough that someone with good taste would be willing to buy what I produce. I want to be good enough that the possibility of spending a couple thousand dollars on good equipment isn't a foolhardy wish.

Anyway, I'll let you know if the photos are going to make a permanent switch. For now, most of them will stay right here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I've read your blog. They do seem much calmer/happier/fun oriented since you left W/A. I think that place crushed your spirit!

I love your hair cut, by the way. it suits you!

Kate said...

I definitely try not to think about it too much. Of course, when I think about it, I realize how much better my life is now and that makes me happier.