Houghton: Class of 2003

I can't think of a single place in this world that I love more than Houghton, NY. The town I grew up in is pretty nice. Baltimore isn't so bad. Philly and Princeton, Arlington and Lancaster all had their charms. But, the four years I spent at Houghton were some of the most formative of my life. I try not to romanticize it but, so far, my college years were my best.

So, it should come as no surprise that I've been anticipating my 10 year reunion all summer. Sometimes I get really excited about things and then am utterly disappointed when they don't live up to my expectations; There wasn't a single moment of my entire weekend at Houghton that didn't completely blow my expectations out of the water.

We didn't have any raging parties or dramatic moments but there was an incredible amount of good conversation, laughter, fun, and joy - intense amounts of quiet, persistent joy. I could give you all the details but, instead, I'll leave you with a picture from our semi-official reunion lunch. Photo credit: Andy Sauer, spouse of our amazing classmate, Mindy, who's in the front row with her daughter on her knee.

47 people showed up but several hid from the photo.

No comments: