DMV Woes

My Virginia inspection and registration expire at the end of January. No big deal...the plan was to register in New York while home for Christmas. The problem is that New York State requires about fourteen different documents to verify my identity in order to do anything at all with my car and all but one of those documents happen to be locked in my dorm room in New Jersey.

I know...I could have looked up what I needed online, but I didn't. And now, I have to figure out some way to get my stuff from school up here...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grrr and at Christmas too.
But you know the ID stuff is everywhere. Thanks to 911, Homeland Security, paranoia, you name it. Good luck getting it done.

Kate said...

Yeah, I realize the paranoia is pretty much spread throughout the country now. I just have grand dreams that there is somewhere in this country that I could go and be trusted...