RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

I haven't participated in the RGBP Friday Five in a while, but now that school is over for the semester, I feel like I can let my hair down and have some fun. Not to mention that this week's edition is particularly controversial. Here goes!

There are two types of people in the world, morning people and night owls. Or Red Sox fans and Yankees fans. Or boxers and briefs. Or people who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't. Let your preferences be known here. And if you're feeling verbose, defend your choices!

1. Mac or PC?
I love my PC. Macs can be fun, but I think PCs have just gotten a bad wrap. My Dell has been wandering about with me for over a year and had maybe 10 crashes (all related to the iPod - take that Mac!) and no blue screens of death. No matter what brand of computer you have, the user is the one who makes or breaks its worth.

2. Pizza: Chicago or New York?
Apparently the presenter of this FF has a preference for Chicago style pizza, most of the time I find it too heavy. She calls NY style pizza "floppy and flaccid," which probably means that she hasn't had really good NY style pizza. I suggest that the next time reverendmother goes to the city, she needs to get a slice from Fat Sal's, where me and three of my friends at last night. It was five bucks each for two gigantic slices of pizza and a drink...in Manhattan...for dinner!

3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts: I love nuts! Basically, unless someone has a nut allergy, I can't understand why they wouldn't like to have nuts in their chocolate yummies.

4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll? Over the top of the roll, of course, because it gives the user easier access and leads to less mid-stream tearing.

5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go? I squeeze from the bottom only because I get some sense of satisfaction from watching the progression of the flattening and it makes me feel superior to free spirit toothpaste getters. It's silly, really.

Bonus: Share your favorite either/or. In college we used to have grand debates about whether carbonated beverages like Pepsi or Coke or Sprite should be called soda or pop. Sometimes it would go on for hours with the people from the Mid-West arguing for pop, the East Coast folks arguing for soda and the occasional Southerner arguing for Coke (which all the rest of us thought was completely crazy!). Arguing over this silly question sometimes served as a way to avoid more serious arguments about emotionally-charged issues like Calvin v. Arminius or women in the pulpit. Yay, tiny Christian college!

4 comments:

Tripp Hudgins said...

It's all "coke."

That's all I'm sayin' on the matter.

hip2b said...

Yay coke! or soda.
Hooray! Classes are over!
Hooray summer!

Sr. Heather said...

Well, welcome back to the Friday Five - and well played! I'm a "soda" girl, because I mostly drink Diet Dr Pepper, which is, btw, the nectar of the gods.

Happy Friday!
Hedwyg

Kate said...

So, I definitely say "soda" myself. It's just the one that makes the most sense to me and I'm stickin' with it.

Hedwyg, I also love Diet Dr. Pepper. Someone got awesome when they invented that.