Thursday was my last final. Systematic theology is definitely not my thing. It's wonderful that the first semester of it is done, but terrible that I must take a second semester in the fall. Less than an hour after our final was written, Jordan, Evan, Daniel and I hopped a train to NYC to see a taping of "The Colbert Report." The whole experience involved a lot of waiting and more waiting and a little more waiting, but it was still a good time. Given the unpredictable process involved in getting tickets, it was almost a miracle that we got tickets for the day we did.
Some highlights of our time in the Big Apple included:
- Getting seats in the second row of the audience.
- Receiving a bag of goodies, which included lip liner, lipstick, and nail polish. This was especially funny considering the fact that I was with three guys.
- Encountering my first true "metrosexual," who happened to be the security guard at the studio. He was definitely wearing eyeliner and maybe a little foundation.
- Buying dinner for four in Manhattan for less than $25 total.
Next day, Jordan, Chris (Jordan's roommate), and I headed to Island Beach State Park for a romp in the sand. The day began overcast and sort of chilly, but by the end the sun had come out and I had a (not-so-lovely) sunburn. Highlights from our time at IBSP included:
- Seeing a dolphin breach the surface from our position on the dunes.
- Eating peanut butter and Fluff sandwiches for the first time in years.
- Getting some great photos of the sand and surf.
- Hiking to a bird blind and seeing several osprey, a great blue heron, and plenty of HUGE turtles.