Shamless Self-Indulgence

My birthday commences in less than one hour. Other than purchasing an iPod, I can't remember what I did to celebrate last year. My best guess is that Emily and I went out to eat or something.

This year, Jordan and I will be going to an art gallery in Philadelphia, called the Barnes Foundation. According to the site, "the Foundation is home to one of the world's largest collections of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and early Modern paintings, with extensive holdings by Picasso, Matisse, Cézanne, Renoir and Modigliani." Since Impressionist and post-Impressionist art is my favorite, I'm very excited to go.

Unfortunately, they don't allow any photography in the gallery. Maybe I will use some of the birthday money that my Grammy sent me to buy a few postcards.

When we return to campus, our married friends, Lydia and Jeb, are having people over to meet their parents and enjoy some pastry... It should be a fun day all around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday. :)

hip2b said...

Yes! Happy Birthday.
My little guys' is tomorrow!

Julie said...

Hope your birthday was great!