The Worst Thing That's Happened Since I Moved To Virginia

I'm going to a wedding in Buffalo later this month, so I thought it would be a good idea to take my car in for tire rotation and an oil change. No problem...I found a coupon for a "spring maintenance package" that included both these services for under $50.

I dropped my car off around 8:30 and it was done by 11 a.m. I was at work and wouldn't be able to make it to the shop until after they closed, so the guy who worked on my car said that it would be parked outside with the keys under the driver's side mat. Fine...I got home around six, and to save cab fare, walked my needing exercise ass to the body shop about 2 and a half miles away.

The walk was rather pleasant...I didn't even mind when I got lost because there's little difference between 2.5 and 3 miles. I made some random observations that I stored to blog about, but they were all thrown out of my mind when I arrived at the body shop only to find that the door was closed and my car was inside!!!

I walked down a few hundred feet just to see if they had hidden it on me, but to no avail. Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, I pressed my panic button and heard my car's horn echoing off the inside of the garage walls.

There was a woman leaving the building next door. (Being stupid, I hadn't brought my cell phone or my wallet...just my license and my car keys.) I asked her if she knew the guys at the shop. She did not. I asked her with tears streaming down my face if she would give me a ride home. She looked at me like I was crazy. "There's a bus." No money. "Is there someone you can call?" I don't know anyone's numbers because they are on my cell phone and all of my friends are a million miles away right now. *look of utter impotence* Nevermind, I'll walk (away in tears, you jerk!).

So, I walked the 2 and a half miles home...uphill (I'm not even kidding). By the time I got home, I was so dirty and sweaty that I had to take a shower to feel okay again. My fingers were puffy like sausages that are about to split their casings. My mouth was so dry I was producing glue rather than saliva. I called the guy who told me my car would be outside. He's going to bring it to my house tomorrow. I'm also going to call Auto Stop and nicely request that I get either a discount or my next oil change free. Honestly, some of the worst service I've ever experienced.

No comments: