Plans for the Day


Webbed, originally uploaded by kate e. did.

Today should be an adventure. I'll be meeting Jordan in Camden, NJ, around 3 p.m. to attend the WXPN XPoNential Music Festival, where we will have the chance to sample music from about ten different artists, including Los Lonely Boys and Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. Before I hop on the train around 12:45, I need to make a trip to Wachovia to get some cash, continue down Nassau to Hoagie Haven where I will purchase dinner for two for $5+tax (; ), decide which book I want to bring with me on the trip, and settle on which bag would be best suited for the trip (green shoulder bag or huge orange backpack?).

The trip down isn't daunting in the least, but I am a little worried about the trip back. Depending when I leave, I may be arriving in Princeton as late as 12:45 a.m. Such an itinerary would involve waiting at a bus stop in Trenton for half an hour, really late at night, by myself. I could leave the festival before it ends, but this is the last time I'm going to see Jordan for at least two weeks and he plans on staying until the last concert is over. I guess I'll leave my iPod at home and hope that no one thinks my ratty green bag from Target or strange orange Jansport is worth stealing.

Which book to bring is an altogether more pleasant question. I just finished The Omnivore's Dilemma (post upcoming), so I won't be taking that along. I just started Understanding Exposure, but I don't know if I will be able to read that straight through as it contains a lot of information, all of which I want to absorb completely. So, do I risk the possibility of running out of reading material for the six hours of train and bus rides, do I bring along something light and fluffy for mind-clearing after gorging on information about photography, or do I grab Thomas Merton like a good seminary student in search of a Ph.D. would do? Too bad I don't know anyone who's already finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...

Anyway, enjoy your Saturday. With any luck, I'll be back posting tomorrow about my non-harrowing adventure on New Jersey Transit.

No comments: