Too Much TV?

I spend a lot of time watching television. Perhaps I am overestimating, but it's possible that I watch 40+ hours of TV a week. I watch Lost, CSI, Law and Order:SVU, Project Runway, Gilmore Girls, Alias, MythBusters, American Idol, Supernatural, The O.C., Without a Trace, What Not to Wear, Best Week Ever, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Miami Ink, news, plenty of Food Network and other random shows and movies. Discussing television has become a way of life for me. My roommate and I discuss the Gilmore Girls as if they were real people. We were terribly upset when Meredith slept with George. We have favorite commercials (who could not love that Nextel commercial?! Sometimes we rewind and watch it again.). The words, "I saw this show the other day..." come out of my mouth far too frequently.

I've known for quite some time that I was a TV junkie, but I didn't realize just how bad it was until Tuesday. I was sitting at lunch with some co-workers, discussing movies and stuff. The show "24" came up in conversation and I seamlessly launched into trends in TV today.

Me: Have any of you ever noticed how many male leads are named "Jack" these days.
Everyone else: ...
Me: I mean, Jack from "24," Jack from "Lost," Jack from "Alias," Jack from "Law & Order," and Jack from "Without a Trace."
Everyone else: ummm...yeah, guess you're right.
Ross: You really do watch too much TV.

It will get better when I go to seminary. I promise!

No comments: