What do you title a sappy post about how sad you are to leave a place? Whatever the answer is, place it above.

Given that my previous top choice for field ed placements was in central Pennsylvania, coming to Oregon was quite an adventure. In the process of working at the church and traveling about the state, I've fallen in love. If I can find an adequate job in the Pacific Northwest, I plan to move here in the not too distant future. I never really put much stock in the differences between the east and west coasts, but everything they say is true. And, fortunately for me, I fit really well out here.

I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do immediately after I leave seminary, but I'm pretty sure that I'll take at least one or two years off from any further schooling. Geila is trying to convince me to teach English in some foreign land. It's a tempting option. Taking part in a Christian Ministry in the National Parks is another interesting transitional option. Don't worry, though, I'll keep you, my five regular readers, up to date.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you driving back or flying? 'Cause if you're driving, chances are you're gonna at least swing by Madison...

Kate said...

Sorry, mister, I'm flying back. Bringing my car would have been far too expensive. But, if I were driving, I would come by.

Anonymous said...

And now a comment from your second regular reader! Go West Coast!

LittleMary said...

why thank you:) will be holding you in prayer as this last year can often be anxiety producing with the what am i going to do now questions.

Susan May said...

I'm a far-away reader, and this is coming from Switzerland! Thanks for blogging - I enjoy your photos, and your outlook on Ministry. Go as the way opens. (On a personal note, I love the Pacific NW, and understand fully why you feel drawn there!)