How Do I Love Thee, Chevy Malibu?

Let me count the ways...

I'm so glad to have my car back. While it was gone, I made do and thought I didn't miss it that much. But now that it's in the parking lot ready for my use, there's a huge weight off my shoulders. When I need to go places, I won't need to beg and borrow and I won't need to wait around for someone else's schedule to clear up. It was okay for a couple years, but it's nice to feel more independent. I'm beginning to think that a small part of what made Princeton so unbearable for the past year or so was the inability to escape. Now I have that.

Now I can go home for Christmas without bumming a ride or taking the bus. Now I can visit friends in various places thinking only of the cost of gas. Now I can go to the grocery store or Target or the bank when I have a free afternoon. Now I can offer other people rides.

I forgot how much I liked my car and now it's sort of like getting it for the first time all over again. It runs so quietly and smoothly. It's roomy enough that my head doesn't hit the ceiling and that most of my junk will fit into it when I leave Princeton at the end of this year. It's an ugly color, but goldish cars don't get pulled over as often as some.

If gas didn't cost so dang much right now, I'd be going on joy rides all over town! Yay Malibu!

3 comments:

Jule Ann said...

If you ever have the desire to hold a very cute baby, I'm not that far away...
;)

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!! As much as I would like to be one of those people who does life without a car, I think I will always love to drive and the independence that having a car gives. And now you can come visit ME! :)

Kate said...

Jule Ann, I would love to hold your cute baby. We should arrange a visit before I start back to school on September 16.

RGR, I DO get to visit you and I don't even think I'll be driving. Emily and I are probably going to carpool to Jess's wedding.