Money Trouble

So, I have this work study job. Or, at least, that's what I thought. This afternoon, I received an email from the PTS Financial Aid Office that the job I am currently working is not work study, that I do not have work study. The problem is that I've already worked at least eight shifts. That's forty hours that I may or may not get paid for depending on whether I can straighten this out with the school. Another problem is that work study was definitely included in my financial aid package, so it makes no sense to me that suddenly I don't have it.

I was supposed to work tonight, but I called my supervisor to talk about the situation and we decided that it was best for me not to come in again until all of this is straightened out and we know that I'll be paid. If I'm not going to be able to do that job, I don't know what I'm going to do. I really need work, but positions on campus are hard to come by and non-work study positions would require more hours and, generally, a car.

If you pray, please lift me up. Thank you!

1 comment:

Tuffy said...

yuck... sorry to hear about the situation. you've been prayed for...