Thank you!

To the kid at the bus stop who yelled "RUN!" as I passed by one early fall morning...

To the older Asian man who stopped me mid-run one day to congratulate me on doing something good for myself...

To the teenagers playing basketball who commented on my stylin' neon safety vest...

To the women, smoking on the stoop across the street, making jokes about my "nice tail" just loudly enough for me to overhear...

To the strangers on the internet who encourage me to keep going even though they've never met me and probably never will...

To all the runners I've passed who nodded, waved, smiled, said "hello," or made a friendly comments...

To the friends with whom I've reconnected or more deeply connected through this fun new lifestyle...

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

Whether your words were kindly and sincerely meant or not, I'll take them. :) I hope I can return the favor!

No comments: