My New Crush

It's not what you think, reader. This is not to be a gushy post about the new man in my life.

Over the past few weeks, I've developed a new crush. It's not on any man or woman or even a fictional character or inanimate object. My new crush is...




...exercise.

That's right, I said it. I'm crushing on exercise.

You remember what it's like during those first few weeks or months of a budding attraction...

It's like stepping into a whole new world. It's invigorating and intense. And just like every other time, this time feels different - fresh and bright.

My schedule doesn't matter to me, what matters is seeing my new object of infatuation. If that means getting up at 6 a.m. and going to bed before 10 p.m., I'll do it with no argument.

There is no limit to how foolish I'm willing to look in pursuit of this new beau, either. I'm even willing to sweat and that's asking a lot.

I want to talk about exercise all the time. Most of the time, I hold my tongue but I honestly can't understand why the rest of the world isn't as fascinated as I am.

There have already been some ups and downs and a little pain and I've wondered several times whether this growing attachment would blossom into long-term relationship.

Does exercise like me as much as I like it?

(So far, I think so. :)

5 comments:

Stu said...

You go Kate! I need to start walking to work and we need to bike on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

I thought you did walk to work.

nancy L said...

Kate
I am so excited to hear of your new love. So happy for you!
And you hair is cute...New do or old photo?
Yay for you.
Nancy

Kate said...

It's an old haircut, Nancy. It's the best haircut I ever had and no other stylist has ever been able to come close to recreating it. The person who cut it for me promptly moved to Texas.

Unknown said...

FitSugar is a good website to find different workouts. Their Victoria's Secret Model one kicks my butt - and its only 10 minutes long! Lol