First Photo from Oregon

This isn't a picture of Oregon, but it is a picture I took from the plane on my way here.

Things are going swimmingly. It's always a little bit weird to get used to a new job and a new place, but everyone here has been very welcoming and helpful. For all intents and purposes, today was my first work day at church. The entire morning and part of the afternoon was spent in staff and worship meetings.

I'll be preaching on June 29th. Today I discovered that the lectionary text for that day is the story of the binding of Isaac in Genesis 22. This will be my first sermon in any venue other than preaching class...should be interesting. The congregation isn't huge, but it's definitely a lot bigger than preaching class.

My big project for the summer is planning a weekly activity for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade for each of six weeks between June 25 and July 30. My thoughts so far include a rainbow theme, with a color for each week, somehow tied into the fruits of the spirit, with a few fruits sharing weeks. Feel free to offer any suggestions as this is my first time being in charge of something like this.

Well, I should get this letter written so that it can go out relatively soon. More pictures tomorrow...promise!

1 comment:

LittleMary said...

the pics are beautiful. i just love the ocean, it makes me so happy. good luck preaching, that is pride sunday here in big city! it is great you are blogging more!