I'm Not Going to Apologize

I'm a delinquent blogger, and I don't care.
Really, what would I be writing, anyway?

I've been packing.
My room's almost totally stored
in cardboard boxes
and plastic totes
in the basement and above my closet.
The walls and shelves are bare
and the floor is a mess.

My flight to Oregon leaves at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
It will be a very early morning, indeed.
A friend is driving me;
she's a saint.

I've been working a bit.
Nothing too fancy,
just some catering and waitering.
Easy money, free food, and human contact...
not bad for a campus job.

The dorm is empty.
Only two of us remain on my floor
and the other one is house-sitting right now,
so only here during the day, sometimes.

A cookout is in the forecast for Monday.
It will be nice to not be alone.
Split infinitive, amen.

5 comments:

irishtater said...

"Split infinitive, amen"

You make me smile :)

Jennifer said...

Welcome to Revgals!
Hope you have a great summer internship.
I graduated from PTS 150 years ago.
Blessings on your journey!!

Unknown said...

Hey, welcome back. Its okay to be delinquent, I get that way myself.

Have a great summer internship. Look forward to hearing about it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got there safe!

Bill McLean said...

Nice to read you again Kate!